This is an example of multiple references to the same footnote.
Such references are particularly useful when citing sources, if different statements come from the same source.
A concise way to make multiple references is to use empty ref tags, which have a slash at the end. Although this may reduce redundant work, please be aware that if a future editor removes the first reference, this will result in the loss of all references using the empty ref tags.This part of the text requires clarification,[note 1] whereas the entire text is cited.
1. Countdown 'til New Year's Day 2019 in your local time zone:
January 01 2019 00:00:00
3. Countdown until New Year's 2019 in UTC-5 (must be the same as the second one):
January 01 2019 00:00:00 -0500
- This note is listed separately from the references.
- E. Miller, The Sun, (New York: Academic Press, 2005), 23-5.
- Wikipedia:Virtual Studio Technology
- Remember that when you refer to the same footnote multiple times, the text from the first reference is used.
- Analog Days by by Trevor Pinch and Frank Trocco, 2004